Laura Marano Is Making the World a Better Place - UNICEF

Friday, January 24, 2014 |

I've always been a big fan of celebrities with a cause -- I have so much respect for people who use their talents to help improve the world around them!  So I had to stop and dig in when I came across an article Laura Marano, star of Disney's Austin and Ally, wrote about her night at the UNICEF ball on Tuesday!  

The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works all around the world to save and improve children's lives by providing necessities that we often take for granted, like food, clean water and education.  Read on to see what Laura said about her connection to the organization!



My Top 3 Favorite Quotes from Laura's article:
#1 - On her experience working with UNICEF:
"As a girl who was raised on the idea that we should give back to our community as much as possible, I believe that we have more power than we think when it comes to making change. Working with UNICEF has solidified that belief." 

#2 - On her work as a Trick-or -Treat for UNICEF Ambassador in 2013
"The campaign exemplified the idea that no matter how old someone is or where someone comes from, everyone has the ability to help."

#3 - Looking toward the future
After the event was done, I found myself more inspired to help than before -- something I definitely did not think was possible.

It was so inspiring to see such a young and talented woman speak about the impact that each and everyone one of us can have -- so go, find a cause that excites you, become actively involved and maybe you too can help make the world a better place!

Read the entire article here and learn more about UNICEF here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment