Selena Gomez at the Top of Seventeen's "Girl Power List"

Thursday, January 23, 2014 |


Selena Gomez was recently named to the top of Seventeen magazine's Girl Power List. This actress, singer, and mogul keeps herself very busy. 2013 was a big year for Selena - her song Come and Get It went double platinum, she starred in several movies, reprised her role of Alex Russo in a Disney Channel Original Movie titled The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex, and continued work on her fashion label and philanthropic causes. With all these accomplishments it is no surprise that she was named to the top of the Girl Power list!!

via Seventeen


Here are some of Selena's reflections on feeling powerful (via Seventeen):

"This year is when I really started feeling powerful. I had always been the underdog secretly. I was on Disney when it was Miley [Cyrus], the Jonas Brothers, and Demi [Lovato]. I questioned the way I looked, acted, sang, and wrote. Then I turned 20, went through a really bad breakup, and realized I needed to have 'Come & Get It' be amazing. I wanted it all to be me. I'm glad it's taken me this long to get where I am because now I am ready for it."


0 comments:

Post a Comment