Blog Reflection

Monday, February 24, 2014 |

I have really enjoyed blogging this term. I appreciated the opportunity to work on the Fabulously Funny Females blog and create both core and filler content to connect with our audience. I wanted to highlight some of my main reflections from the blogging experience.

1. Generating effective content. I often found it difficult to find blog topics that would both engage the target audience and connect back to the central theme of the blog. I found that instances that my blog posts were most effective were when I happened to encounter and article or video that really fit with the goal of the blog. However, the times when I actively had to search out content ideas tended to lead to posts that were less of a fit with the blog’s intention. If I were to do this project again I would create an ongoing list of blog topics – such as a series idea that could be easily replicated/adapted.

2. Speaking to the audience. When writing I always tried to focus on the target audience of 13 – 16 year old girls. Although I reached out to family and friends who I know that are in this age range, it was still challenging to determine what content would generate the most interest for this group.

3. Writing style. I came into this blog project with limited blog experience. I really enjoyed the fun and casual tone that we used in our blog. Still, I was surprised by how difficult it was to keep the blog posts concise and on point. By the end of the project I realized that posting a video or a photo with a caption or brief commentary can be just as effective (if not more effective) as posting a longer paragraph / post.

Overall I hope that our audience had fun reading our posts. Additionally, I hope that our blog presented young girls with strong female role models to look up to. Our blog took on a diverse set of topics, yet still was able to highlight many instances of successful women in the media and elsewhere.

I know I had a great time writing and I hope that our audience had as much fun reading!! :-)


Thanks for following!

0 comments:

Post a Comment