Remembering a Former Fabulously Funny Female

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 |

 via The Bluegrass Special
I may be setting myself up to sound like an old lady with this post, but if you've ever flipped to Nick at Nite or TV Land and seen a rerun of I Love Lucy, you'll understand why I love Lucille Ball. I Love Lucy is definitely a show that hit its peak during my parents' childhood; however, Lucille Ball's hilarious portrayal of Lucy makes this show funny for any generation. Here's an example of why she's such a timeless comedian:


But her comedic nature isn't the only reason I love Lucille Ball. She also was one of the first widely popular female comedians of her time, proving that women could create hilarious comedy for both genders in a market that was at the time dominated by men. As an incredibly smart business woman, she used her popularity to create a brand that has remained in place for decades. Lucille Ball was a pioneer for today's female comedians and stands as one of the countless examples of how funny females are also fabulous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment