Reflection on Blogging

Monday, February 24, 2014 |

Well, as this all comes to a close, I wanted to thank all of you readers for joining us. I've never really written a blog before, especially on this medium, and I can say that I've really enjoyed it. Here's what I learned:

  1. Concision is key. Ramblings are fun for...well...just about no one. Get to the point to save your reader some time and effort. Also, a nice picture here and there to illustrate your point will never hurt anything.
  2. Know your reader; know your material. The audience of this blog and I share different interests, and often this made things a little bit harder than just sharing daily musings of your day. It helped that I have younger relatives who recommended certain celebrities to look into, but you still have to do your research. That'll take some time, but in the end it's always worth it for the post.
  3. There are some great role models out there! Upon growing out of my teenage years, I've fallen into the old-lady syndrome of "What the heck is that on TV? Shows when I was a kid were so much better than that!" But as a concerned older sister, I think this project has actually given me faith that there are a lot of really great young role models out there for teens - young women who emphasize loving whoever you are and knowing you're always enough. It's really comforting to know that's available and out there as my relatives grow up.
Thank you all for joining us on this adventure; it's truly been my pleasure. Hopefully you had a few laughs and learned as much as I did, and I want to tell you that you, whoever you are - I know your future's bright.

0 comments:

Post a Comment