Progessive Moments in Disney's "Frozen"

Friday, February 7, 2014 |

I love disney movies.  Love them.  Mulan is the only movie that I have willingly watched more than once (in fact more than ten times....but who's counting?), my name spelt backwards is Nala (remember the lion king?) and I still sing Zero to Hero in my head sometimes (from Hercules).

Despite that, I have to recognize that Disney movies promote some problematic messages, particularly in their construction of the Disney "princess" characters.  Their new (and AMAZING) movie "Frozen" has one of the most shower-singing worthy Disney songs of all time, a self-empowering pair of leading ladies, and an adorable reindeer.

One of the best things about it is it doesn't include a girl getting married to someone they hardly know (one of the most weirdly standard disney princess moves that has always bothered me)

(http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/disney-frozen)

Also, the leading character (Anna) is more relatable than most Disney princesses. She has her socially awkward moments:



but also knows how to stand up for herself:



Also, check out this list of seven progressive moments that make this one of the best disney movies of all time. (It's also the source for my two gifs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment