What I Learned From My Blogging Experience

Monday, February 24, 2014 |

Looking back, coming up with fun and relevant content for a teenage audience has not been easy. Blogging is certainly not for everyone but I do think this has been a great learning experience!

Here are some of my reflections:

1. It is hard to engage viewers in content that they may not want to read - sneaking in political or empowering messages into quite light topics like "Funniest Tweets of 2013" is a challenge. I think brainstorming a couple of articles before committing to a blog title could have made this experience easier! It is also pretty hard to educate teenagers who want to be online to forget the political or empowering lessons they are bombarded with at school, having asked some of my teenage friends what they think.

2. Political interest can stem from many different concepts of empowerment - this has been an awesome discovery. Passion for the politics really comes from the desire for society to be better and to feel empowered enough to believe your voice matters! It doesn't matter if you want to advocate for animals, women's rights, education or good fashion because no matter the topic, you will be able to empower others through your own goals!

3. You will always sound more interesting if you are interested - creating awesome content is hard when you don't share commonalities with your audience! Aside from the fact that I found some of the fluff content quite amusing, I really had to find women who inspired me too before I could write a convincing post about them. It is possible that these women don't have the same effect on a 13-year old audience! Maybe moving forward, seniors in high school could be the target group.

Viewers, it's been real. Please continue being empowered by all the positive messages available online and don't hesitate to pursue your dreams!

Comment below what you've thought of college students blogging for teens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment